Dreamy physics – A didactic & physics juggling show
Physics is an experimental science, with its own method, its own language, its own history and is one of the most difficult school subjects. Juggling refers to the circus, leisure, open spaces. Different colours, sounds, flavours … do they have something in common? Dreamy physics is a juggling show that not only makes visible the connections between physics and juggling, explaining the first by means of the second and the second thanks to the first, but it also blends together the souls of these two worlds, creating an exciting atmosphere of pleasure for understanding.
Why? Dreamy physics is perfect for international contexts, CLIL paths, ASL meeting with professionals, etc…
Born in ’76 and graduated in theoretical physics in 2001, Federico Benuzzi is a professional juggler since 1998, secondary teacher since 2002 and professional actor since 2010, but, on the whole, in the last 15 years he has been mixing all these souls in interesting science popularization experiences. Expert of juggling, physics, mathematics of gambling, special relativity, he transformed these subjects in many scientific shows which are enjoying remarkable success.
About the lesson-show
- the Italian version was born in 2005; the first English performance took place in August 2019 for ESERA’19
- duration: 45′ (the performance + 45′ to assembly and 20′ to disassembly)
- technical needs:
– video: beamer, connection cables, projection screen (the projections must be central and behind the performer)
– audio: possibility to connect the computer (of my property) to the audio system and a headband wireless microphone (of your property – if you don’t have it, I can bring mine)
– lights: white light all over the stage that allows the audience to clearly see the projections and the performer
– space: width 5m, depth 3m, height 3m (at least! stages bigger than this are not a problem)
– other: 1 chair (no wheels!) and 2 tables (student’s desk size is perfect!)